ANALYSIS OF BUCKWHEAT PRODUCTION IN THE WORLD AND SERBIA
During the period 2010-2011 about 2.113 million ha of buckwheat was sown annually worldwide. Average yield of buckwheat during the monitored period was 913 kg ha-1. Areas and average yield have a rising tendency. The most significant producers of buckwheat in the world are: China, Russia and Ukraine. In Serbia buckwheat is produced on small areas.
The paper presents results of testing of four buckwheat varieties, produced on plots of the Institute for crops and vegetables as follows: Novosadska, Godijevo, Bamby and Češka. Analysis of average yield has shown that Novosadska variety produced statistically significant higher yield (2626 kg ha-1) compared to the other varieties tested (p <0.05). From the results shown we can see that buckwheat yield in Serbia is significantly higher compared with the world average yield, which tells us that this plant can be successfully produced in our agro-ecological conditions of growing.
2. Berenji, J. (2011): Doprinos alternativnih biljnih vrsta agrobiodiverzitetu. Zbornik referata sa konferencije - Otvoreni dani biodiverziteta, Ured. Filipović, V., Ugrenović, V, Organska proizvodnja i biodiverzitet, 2012, Pančevo, pp. 48-55.
3. Đukić, M., Gadžo, D., Gavrić, T., Muminović, Š. (2007): Allelopathic potential of buckwheat, IV Symposium on Plant Protection in BiH, Teslic, Proceedings of Apstracts, pp. 28-29.
4. Glamočlija, Đ., Glamočlija, M., Cvijanović, G. (2011): Heljda, Monografja, Poljoprivredni fakultet, Beograd.
5. Ikanović, J., Rakić, S., Popović, V., Janković, S., Glamočlija, Ð., Kuzevski, J. (2013): Agro-ecological conditions and morpho-productive properties of buckwheat, Biotechnology in Animal Husbandry vol. 29(3), pp. 555 562.
6. Kreft, I. (1995): Buckwheat, Ajda CZD Kmečki glas, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
7. Nikolić, Lj., Latković, D., Berenji, J., Sikora, V. (2010): Morphplogical characteristics of different cultivars of buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench), Bilten za alternativne biljne vrste, Novi Sad, vol. 42(83), pp. 53-59.
8. Popović, V., Glamočlija, Đ., Malešević, M., Ikanović, J., Dražić, G., Spasić, M., Stanković, S. (2011): Genotype specificity in nitrogen nutrition of malting barley, Genetika, Belgrade, vol. 43(1), pp. 197-204, available at: www.dsggenetika.org.rs
9. Popović, V., Sarić, R., Jovanović, M. (2012): Sustainability of Agriculture in Danube basin area, Economics of Agriculture, vol. 59(1), IEP Belgrade, pp. 73-87.
10. Popović, V., Sikora, V., Berenji, J., Glamočlija, Đ., Marić, V. (2013a): Effect of agroecological factors on buckwheat yield in convential and organic cropping systems, Institute of PKB Agroeconomik, Belgrade, vol. 19(1-2), pp. 155-165.
11.Popović, V., Sikora, V., Ikanovic, J., Rajičič, V., Maksimović, L., Katanski, S. (2013b): Production, productivity and quality of buckwheat in organic growing systems in course environmental protection, XVII Eco-Conference, Novi Sad, 25– 28 Sept. pp. 395-404.
12.Popović, V., Sikora, V., Adamović, D., Glamočlija, Đ., Ikanović, J., Rajičić, V. (2013c): Effect foliar fertilization on yield and quality of buckwheat seed in organic growing systems, Bilten za alternativne biljne vrste, Novi Sad, vol. 45(86), pp. 55-59.
13.Popović, V., Sikora, V., Glamočlija, Đ., Ikanović, J., Filipović, V., Tabakovic, M. Simić, D. (2013d): Inﬂuence of agro-ecological conditions and foliar fertilization on yield and yield components of buckwheat in conventional and organic cropping system, Biotechnology in Animal Husbandry, vol. 29(3), pp.537-546.
14.Sharma, T., Jana, S. (2002): Species relationships in Fagopyrum revealed by PCRbased DNA fngerprinting, Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 105 (2-3), pp. 306–312.