INNOVATIVE FOOD PRODUCTS AS A BASIS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL TOURISM IN VOJVODINA
The subject of the review article is the development of rural tourism based on innovative food products. The aim of this paper is to identify key forms of rural entrepreneurial tourism in Vojvodina. Gastronomy plays a significant role in presenting the culture and way of life of a certain area and reﬂects new trends in tourism-related to authenticity, sustainability, healthy lifestyle, and revival of tradition. The development of rural tourism should be based on efficient investment in the tourist offer through entrepreneurial projects that are in line with modern demand trends, including the production of food products that are gradually appearing on the market. Investing in the tourist offer in rural tourist destinations would affect the growth of income from rural tourism, and thus the economic development of rural areas and the state itself.
2. Carvalho, M.J., Pérez-Palacios, T., & Ruiz-Carrascal, J. (2017). Physico-chemical and sensory characteristics of freeze-dried and air-dehydrated yogurt foam. LWT, 80, 328-334. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2017.02.039
3. Dragićević, V., Jovičić, D., Blešić, I., Stankov, U., & BošKović, D. (2012). Business tourism destination competitiveness: A case of Vojvodina Province (Serbia). Economic research-Ekonomska istraživanja, 25(2), 311-332.
4. Dubé, L., Jha, S., Faber, A., Struben, J., London, T., Mohapatra, A., & McDermott, J. (2014). Convergent innovation for sustainable economic growth and affordable universal health care: innovating the way we innovate, 119-141. https://doi.org/10.1111/nyas.12548
5. Fanelli, R.M. (2020). Seeking gastronomic, healthy, and social experiences in tuscan agritourism facilities. Social Sciences, 9(1), 2. https://doi.org/10.3390/socsci9010002
6. Garau, C. (2015). Perspectives on cultural and sustainable rural tourism in a smart region: The case study of Marmilla in Sardinia (Italy). Sustainability, 7(6), 6412- 6434. https://doi.org/10.3390/su7066412
7. Grigorova Z., Ivanova S., Shopova I. (2015), Gourmet Tourism In Bulgaria, 5th International Conference of Economic Sciences and 5th CCEDEP Conference of the ACEU, 449-457.
8. Gunasekaran, A., Patel, C., & McGaughey, R. E. (2004). A framework for supply chain performance measurement. International journal of production economics, 87(3), 333-34
9. Hall, C.M. (2005). Rural wine and food tourism cluster and network development. Rural tourism and sustainable business, 26, 149-164.
10. Hall, C.M., Sharples, L., Mitchell, R., Macionis, N., & Cambourne, B. (Eds.). (2004). Food tourism around the world. Routledge.
11. Jackson, R. S. (2008). Wine science: principles and applications. Academic press.
12. Johnson, M. H., & Gonzalez, M. E. (2012). Comparison of chemical composition and antioxidant capacity of commercially available blueberry and blackberry wines in Illinois. Journal of Food Science, 77(1), 141-148.
13. Khaksar, G., Assatarakul, K., & Sirikantaramas, S. (2019). Effect of cold-pressed and normal centrifugal juicing on quality attributes of fresh juices: do cold-pressed juices harbor a superior nutritional quality and antioxidant capacity? Heliyon, 5(6), e01917. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2019.e01917
14. King, C.J. (1971). Freeze-drying of foods. London, UK: Butterworth & Co.(Publishers) Ltd.
15. Loss, C.R., & Bouzari, A. (2016). On food and chemesthesis–food science and culinary perspectives. Chemesthesis: Chemical touch in food and eating, 250-267.
16. Maksimović, M., Urošević, S., & Damnjanović, Z. (2015). Theoretical concepts of rural tourism and opportunities for development in the Republic of Serbia. EMITEconomics Management Information Technology, 3(3), 162-172.
17. Marković, M.R., & Pindžo, R. (2020). Importance of Gastronomy for Further Tourism Development in Western Balkans Economies with Focus on Serbia. In Gastronomy for Tourism Development. Emerald Publishing Limited.
18. McKay, D.L., Chen, C.Y.O., Zampariello, C.A., & Blumberg, J.B. (2015). Flavonoids and phenolic acids from cranberry juice are bioavailable and bioactive in healthy older adults. Food Chemistry, 168, 233-240. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.07.062
19. Mikulic-Petkovsek, M., Schmitzer, V., Slatnar, A., Stampar, F., & Veberic, R. (2012). Composition of sugars, organic acids, and total phenolics in 25 wild or cultivated berry species. Journal of Food Science, 77(10), 1064-1070.
20. Milićević, S., Podovac, M., & Čavlin, M. (2015). Resources for development of the Rača municipality as a rural tourism destination. Economics of Agriculture, 62(3), 751-765. https://doi.org/10.5937/ekoPolj1503751M
21. Milivojević, J., Maksimović, V., Nikolić, M., Bogdanović, J., Maletić, R., & Milatović, D. (2011). Chemical and antioxidant properties of cultivated and wild Fragaria and Rubus berries. Journal of Food Quality, 34(1), 1-9.
22. Milivojevic, J., Slatnar, A., Mikulic-Petkovsek, M., Stampar, F., Nikolic, M., & Veberic, R. (2012). The inﬂuence of early yield on the accumulation of major taste and health-related compounds in black and red currant cultivars (Ribes spp.). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 60(10), 2682-2691.
23. Molina, V., Médici, M., de Valdez, G.F., & Taranto, M.P. (2012). Soybean-based functional food with vitamin B12-producing lactic acid bacteria. Journal of Functional Foods, 4(4), 831-836.
24. Ordinance on oenological procedures and oenological products for the production of must, wine, and other products (2015). Offcial Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, 26/2015.
25. Ozen, E., & Singh, R.K. (2020). Atmospheric cold plasma treatment of fruit juices: A review. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 103, 144-151. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2020.07.020
26. Peñarrieta, J.M., Alvarado, J.A., Bravo, J.A., & Bergenståhl, B. (2011). Chuño and Tunta; the traditional andean sun-dried potatoes. Potatoes: Production, consumption and health benefts, 1-12.
27. Rupasinghe, H.V., & Clegg, S. (2007). Total antioxidant capacity, total phenolic content, mineral elements, and histamine concentrations in wines of different fruit sources. Journal of Food Composition and analysis, 20(2), 133-137.
28. Sharpley, R., & Jepson, D. (2011). Rural tourism: A spiritual experience? Annals of tourism research, 38(1), 52-71.
29. Sidali, K.L., Kastenholz, E., & Bianchi, R. (2015). Food tourism, niche markets and products in rural tourism: combining the intimacy model and the experience economy as a rural development strategy. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 23(8-9), 1179-1197. https://doi.org/10.1080/09669582.2013.836210
30. Sokolowsky, M., Rosenberger, A., & Fischer, U. (2015). Sensory impact of skin contact on white wines characterized by descriptive analysis, time–intensity analysis and temporal dominance of sensations analysis. Food Quality and Preference, 39, 285-297. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2014.07.002
31. Swiegers, J.H., & Pretorius, I.S. (2005). Yeast modulation of wine ﬂavor. Advances in Applied Microbiology, 57, 131-175. https://doi.org/0.1016/S0065-2164(05)57005-9
32. Thilakarathna, S.H., & Rupasinghe, H.P. (2013). Flavonoid bioavailability and attempts for bioavailability enhancement. Nutrients, 5(9), 3367-3387. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu5093367
33. This, H. (2014). Note-by-note cooking: The future of food. Columbia University Press
34. Trystam, G. (2013). Transferts de concepts industriels aux technologies domestiques. In C. Michon & J.-P. Canselier (Eds.), Conception raisonnée des aliments, 51– 63. Les Ulis, France: EDP Sciences.
35. Tzia, C., & Liadakis, G. (Eds.). (2003). Extraction optimization in food engineering. CRC Press.
36. Valentina, V., Pratiwi, R.A., Hsiao, P.Y., Tseng, H.T., Hsieh, J.F., & Chen, C.C. (2016). Sensorial characterization of foods before and after freeze-drying. Sensorial Characterization of Foods Before and After Freeze-drying, 1(6), 1-5.
37. Vicentini, A., Liberatore, L., & Mastrocola, D. (2016). Functional foods: trends and development of the global market. Italian Journal of Food Science, 28(2), 338-351.
38. Williams, C.C. (2020). Impacts of the coronavirus pandemic on Europe’s tourism industry: Addressing tourism enterprises and workers in the undeclared economy. International Journal of Tourism Research, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1002/jtr.2395
39. Zanini, B., Marullo, M., Villanacci, V., Salemme, M., Lanzarotto, F., Ricci, C., & Lanzini, A. (2016). Persistent intraepithelial lymphocytosis in celiac patients adhering to gluten-free diet is not abolished despite a gluten contamination elimination diet. Nutrients, 8(9), 525. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu8090525
40. Zdravković, S., & Peković, J. (2020). The analysis of factors inﬂuencing tourists’ choice of green hotels. Hotel and Tourism Management, 8(1), 69-78. https://doi.org/10.5937/menhottur2001069Z